Monday, July 18, 2011

In Response to the Paintings of artist Duncan Iago and Marc Sinclar



I want to ask you

Duncan Iago, What do you feel when you paint?




Music in the break beats and the harmonies of base,

shoulders

base

hips
base

release

base fingers base

tips

base

release

base

but within you show me your soul,

show me you can funk...




I am latent and bare,

I stand here sparring my self

the insecurities

and pass page by page,

the initiations of my heart.

Already complex.

Let me break it down

My heart rings thru the branches of twisted leaves

tearing and raging softly inside of my intestinal pull,

these paintings make me feel so empty but

so full,

ill,

out of the colours from my childhood I find a worksheet,

The universe lays through it,

I feel the funk music in my toes

and then i look at the strings of lines points and unembarrassed

no one else matters,

when you dance.

There is a detail that speaks to me it is like the soul but not so important,

this detail is funny

both

and beautiful,

colourful wishful and serene like a pipeline of rain

that leaked in to the crevices and crack fines of the street,

each colour separated by the dropping of ink,

harmonious

chaotic

and mine is happy.

If i stare at it too long my blood sugar makes it black

then white

then float.


Twists beat out endure,

raid,

rest

and bounce.

What was contained in my shoulders

is

light

feathered

and out

and then I notice mark Sinclair...

I stare in to the black gals eyes

and she tells it bare...




What do you feel when you paint?

Marc Sinclair : '....I feel naked, vulnerable....'

1 comment: